Employee engagement is one of the most important aspects of your business. Keeping an eye on how your employees are engaging is a great way to measure their commitment to the company and its growth.
It has been widely proven that employees with larger engagement in their team feel happier, more motivated and supported by their management. In turn, this creates a mutual level of respect, which also contributes to the sense of being a valued member of the team.
Why aren’t my employees engaged?
There may be a number of reasons why your employees are not engaging as they should be. Employers should be regularly asking themselves the following:
- Are your company’s goals clearly laid out?
- Do your employees understand these goals?
- Is it clear what your employee’s need to do to reach these goals?
- Is the leadership of your company adequate and able to motivate the workforce?
- Are the managers equipped with the skills needed to lead a team to success?
Why is it important?
If your employees are engaged at work, the general environment improves. The team will work better together, which results in greater success and growth for your business.
Additionally, the benefits of engaged employees have a domino effect throughout your whole team. Those who are showing up with feelings of happiness and motivation provide a higher quality level of work, causing growth and revenues to rise.
Adopting a workplace where employees feel supported, and part of a positive, motivated team is great for the entire business. With employee engagement strategies in place, sick days will decrease. People will be more inclined to show up, and most importantly, want to show up.
Furthermore, staff turnover will improve, and relationships with clients will be better than ever.
Research by Glassdoor shows that employees who are engaged are more invested in the company, while disengaged employees are likely to feel deflated, resulting in them doing the bare minimum just to get through the day.
What can employers do?
You now know the benefits, so what can you do? There are many steps that can be taken to achieve a good level of employee engagement. These include:
- Getting to know your employees
- Supplying them with the right tools for success
- Checking in with them regularly
- Supporting and motivating them
- Recognising and praising their hard work
- Listening to their concerns and feedback.
It’s essential that your employees care about the work that they are doing. High levels of involvement, motivation, trust, and commitment are vital for any company to succeed.
Want to chat? Get in touch.